TAMARAC, Fla., February 7, 2020 (Newswire.com) – The City of Tamarac is hosting a Medical Marijuana Summit on Thursday, February 20, from 6-8 p.m. at the Tamarac Community Center, 8601 W. Commercial Blvd.
Learn about the health benefits and risks associated with the use of medical marijuana, how it’s different than CBD products, how and where dispensaries are operated, and regulatory requirements they have to follow.
Tamarac’s Vice Mayor Marlon D. Bolton will facilitate presentations and a panel discussion. Speakers and panelists will include the following experts:
- Seth A. Hyman, President/CEO, Hempagenix
- Arby Barroso, Co-founder, Green Roads
- Dustin Robinson, Founding Partner, Mr. Cannabis Law
- Daniel Sparks, Director of Compliance, Trulieve
- Jeff Greene, VP of Marketing, the Florida Hemp Council
- Maxine Calloway, Community Development Director, City of Tamarac
- Michelle Weiner, MD, Faculty, Florida International University, Nova Southeastern University, and Florida Gulf Coast University
- Vijay S. Choksi, Esq., Compliance Manager, GrowHealthy
“Medical marijuana is still relatively new to Florida, and there is a lot to learn about its medicinal value and about doing business in this highly regulated industry,” said Vice Mayor Bolton. “I think it’s important that people have the facts.”
This event is hosted by the City of Tamarac and supported by the Broward County Medical Marijuana Advisory Board.