Reminder: All City of Tamarac offices are closed on Monday, September 6, for Labor Day. City parks will be open.
Non-Represented Pension Board
- When: September 7, 1:30 pm
- Where: City Hall Conference Room 105, 7525 N.W. 88th Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321
Parks & Recreation Board
- When: September 7, 4:30 pm
- Where: Parks and Recreation Administration, 6001 Nob Hill Road, Tamarac, FL 33321
- More details: In their report, the Director will provide an update on several projects, including but not limited to various capital projects and the Eastside Feasibility Study. The full agenda is available here.
Pre-Bid 21-02B: Citywide Culvert Headwall Improvement Project Phase VI
- When: September 8, 10:00 am
- Where: Virtual; join here via Microsoft Teams
- More details: The full agenda is available here
Veterans Affairs Committee
- When: September 8, 2021, 10:00 am
- Where: Tamarac Community Center Ballroom, 8601 W. Commercial Blvd., Tamarac, FL 33351
- More details: The full agenda is available here
City Commission Meeting
- When: September 9, 7:00 pm
- Where: In-Person at Tamarac City Hall Commission Chambers, 7515 N.W. 88th Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321, or watch online here
- More details: When published, the agenda will be available here
July 2021 Capital Improvement Plan Update
As we reported in September 2020, the Check on the City’s Capital Improvement Plan is moving along, and it’s easy to check on the status of any and all Capital Improvement Projects with the handy map tool available here.
Here are just a few of the projects in various stages:
- Citywide Resurfacing Program – Phase 1, Mainlands 1-5 (District 1)
- Pine Island Road Culvert/Headwall Improvement Project (District 2)
- Sports Complex – Tephford Park Play Surface Replacement Project (District 3)
- NW 70th Avenue Traffic Calming Project (District 4)
The City Commission’s initial budget hearing is slated for September 13 at 5:05 pm. It will be held in-person at Commission Chamber, 7515 N.W. 88th Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321, and can be viewed online here.
Round 5 of Enrollment for Tamarac’s Owner-Occupied Minor Home Repair Program is Open
- Homeowners must meet and verify income requirements to qualify.
- Visit Tamarac.org/367 for additional details and the program application.
Traffic Signal Improvements Coming to Pine Island Road
This project, which will upgrade the existing traffic signal communications from cellular to high-speed fiber-optics along Pine Island Road from Oakland Park Boulevard to McNab Road, began on August 2. The upgrades are part of the Mobility Advancement Program (MAP) Broward, formerly known as the “Penny for Transportation” program, and is Broward County’s transportation surtax approved by voters in 2018.
- The project is expected to be completed in July 2022
- Broward County is managing the project
- Contractor: Horsepower Electric, Inc.
- Contacts for Concerns or Emergencies:
- Construction Engineering and Inspection: Calvin, Giordano & Associates, Inc. Felix Garcia, CEI Project Administrator: 954-895-8535 or FGarcia@cgasolutions.com.
- Broward County Project Management: Chris Masullo, Project Manager, 954-847-2676 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tamarac is Hiring!
As of this writing, the City of Tamarac has over a dozen positions posted, from an On-call Bus Driver to a Structural Inspector position and many more. Applicants can check out available positions here.
If you’re interested in a particular position and don’t see any current openings, you can sign up for job alerts here.
The City offers a variety of benefits, including financial benefits such as pension plans, credit union memberships; health benefits including group policies and sick leave; and personal benefits such as an Education Assistance Program and personal/vacation leave.
To explore the City’s employee benefits, click here.
- The public may watch meetings online through the City’s website (https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings), or via Facebook Live.
- Unless otherwise indicated, in-person meetings are held in the Commission Chamber at 7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, Florida. If you’re planning to attend a meeting in-person, please be aware that seating is limited in accordance with CDC guidelines, and attendees are required to wear a mask.
- Upcoming public meetings are listed on the City website at https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings, along with their respective agendas, links to watch the meetings online, and links to sign up for public participation if applicable.
- In addition, here’s important information about City Commission meetings:
- The City Commission holds a workshop meeting on the Monday prior to each regular commission meeting at 9:30 am in City Hall, Conference Room 105, where agenda items are discussed at length. Regular commission meetings are held on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at 7 pm or 9:30 am, respectively, in the City Hall Commission Chambers. Special topic workshops are scheduled as needed.
- Any member of the public, wishing to comment publicly on the record, on any matter, may sign up with the City Clerk before or during the meeting. If any member of the public requires additional information about this City Commission meeting or has any questions about how to sign up or submit a comment at the meeting, please contact:
Jennifer Johnson, City Clerk
City of Tamarac
7525 NW 88th Avenue
Tamarac, FL 33321